Song Review: ILY:1 Make A Comeback With "To My Boyfriend"

ILY:1 (아일리원)  -  To My Boyfriend (내 남자친구에게) 

Review

ILY:1, made a charming comeback with their digital single "To My Boyfriend (내 남자친구에게)", a remake of the 1998 classic by first generation K-pop girl group Fin.K.L..

With this release, ILY:1 showcases their own fresh interpretation of the nostalgic track. "To My Boyfriend" allows the members' vocals to shine over a bubbly synth-pop instrumental. The lyrics express a girl's excitement and nerves as she gets dolled up to impress her boyfriend. ILY:1 imbues the song with their youthful, lovable charms.

Overall, "To My Boyfriend" is a fun, flirty track that suits ILY:1 well. The remake pays homage to a first gen classic while putting the group's own refreshing spin on it. It's a perfect song to brighten your day and get you bopping along.

Release Info & Mini Bio

ILY:1, the six-member girl group under FC ENM that debuted on April 4, 2022 with the single album "Love in Bloom", made a comeback today on October 24, 2023 with their second (labeled as first) digital single "To My Boyfriend" and the same-titled song as the album's title track. The single will contain only different versions of the title track and is the follow-up to the group's second mini album "New Chapter" that was released on July 25, 2023. 

Track List 

  1. "To My Boyfriend (내 남자친구에게)"
  2. "To My Boyfriend (English ver.)" - 3:23
  3. "To My Boyfriend (내 남자친구에게) (Inst.)" 



Comments